The notaries of the Klaipeda First Notary’s Office perform the following notarial acts:
- Mediation services
- Authentication of transactions
- Certification of authenticity of a signature in documents
- Issuance of certificates of inheritance right, preparation of European certificates of succession
- Issuance of certificates attesting to the ownership right of a share to a common estate of the spouses
- Approval of documents by certificate (Apostille)
- Transfer of statements of legal and natural persons to other legal and natural persons
- Certification of authenticity of transcripts of document and extracts thereof
- Acceptance of monetary amounts into depository account
- Drawing up or approval of documents regarding the correctness of data provided to the Register of Legal Entities
- Verification of the compliance of incorporation documents of a legal person with the statutory requirements
- Verification of bills of exchange
- Protesting of bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records in protested or unprotested bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records according to notarised transactions resulting in monetary obligations
- Making of executive records on enforced debt recovery at the request of mortgage (pledge) creditor
- Acceptance of wills treated as official wills and of private wills for storage
- Certification of a fact that a natural person is alive and in a particular place
- Approval of a time of document submission
- Attestation of written testimony of a witness
- Acceptance of sea protests
- Attestation of preliminary instructions
- Attestation of agreements on assistance in making decisions
- Other notarial acts provided for in the laws
Certification of authenticity of a signature in documents
By certifying the authenticity of the signature of the applicant in a document, the notary shall determine the identity of the signatory and certify that a certain document is signed by the person, whose will is expressed in the document. However, the notary does not certify and is not liable for the content of the document, correctness of facts, numbers and data provided in such document. This is the main difference between certification of authenticity of a signature in a document and notarised transaction (see Authentication of Transactions).
The identity of the citizens of the Republic of Lithuania is determined according to presented personal identity card, passport or any other identity document with personal number and picture.
The identity of the citizens of the Member States of the European Union and of the European Free Trade Association is determined according to the passport issued by that Member State or equivalent travel document for travelling to a foreign country, which is recognised in the Republic of Lithuania.
The identity of other foreigners, whose permanent place of residence is in a foreign country, is determined according to a passport issued by the foreign country or equivalent travel document for travelling to a foreign country, which is recognised in the Republic of Lithuania; the identity of foreigners, who have declared their place of residence in the Republic of Lithuania, is determined according to a document granting the right to the foreigner to reside in the Republic of Lithuania on a temporary or permanent basis.
The identity of the asylum-seekers, with the exception of person in border control posts and transit zones, is determined according to presented foreigner registration certificate.