The notaries of the Klaipeda First Notary’s Office perform the following notarial acts:
- Mediation services
- Authentication of transactions
- Certification of authenticity of a signature in documents
- Issuance of certificates of inheritance right, preparation of European certificates of succession
- Issuance of certificates attesting to the ownership right of a share to a common estate of the spouses
- Approval of documents by certificate (Apostille)
- Transfer of statements of legal and natural persons to other legal and natural persons
- Certification of authenticity of transcripts of document and extracts thereof
- Acceptance of monetary amounts into depository account
- Drawing up or approval of documents regarding the correctness of data provided to the Register of Legal Entities
- Verification of the compliance of incorporation documents of a legal person with the statutory requirements
- Verification of bills of exchange
- Protesting of bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records in protested or unprotested bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records according to notarised transactions resulting in monetary obligations
- Making of executive records on enforced debt recovery at the request of mortgage (pledge) creditor
- Acceptance of wills treated as official wills and of private wills for storage
- Certification of a fact that a natural person is alive and in a particular place
- Approval of a time of document submission
- Attestation of written testimony of a witness
- Acceptance of sea protests
- Attestation of preliminary instructions
- Attestation of agreements on assistance in making decisions
- Other notarial acts provided for in the laws
Making of executive records in protested or unprotested bills of exchange and checks
The notary shall make executive records in protested or unprotested bills of exchange and checks according to a written application to recover money from a debtor submitted by the holder of the bill of exchange or check or a person authorised by such holder or a person having a right of recourse.
The executive record made by the notary suggests to recover from the debtor the amount of the bill of exchange or check which was not paid within the time limit for the payment of bill of exchange or check or unpaid part of the amount of bill of exchange or check, including interest, notary’s fee paid by the holder of bill of exchange or check for protesting of bill of exchange or check and making of executive record, including notification dispatch and other expenses.
Notarial executive records according to protested or unprotested bills of exchange or checks are enforceable and executive documents to be exercised under the procedure provided for in the Code of Civil Procedure.
The Law on Bills of Exchange and Notes and the Law on Checks provide for strict requirements on mandatory details of bills of exchange and checks, procedures for submitting them for payment and protesting, including terms. In case of non-compliance with these requirements or on expiry of such period, the notary will be unable to make executive record, therefore, outstanding amount of bill of exchange or check will have to be recovered under judicial (dispute) procedure.