The notaries of the Klaipeda First Notary’s Office perform the following notarial acts:
- Mediation services
- Authentication of transactions
- Certification of authenticity of a signature in documents
- Issuance of certificates of inheritance right, preparation of European certificates of succession
- Issuance of certificates attesting to the ownership right of a share to a common estate of the spouses
- Approval of documents by certificate (Apostille)
- Transfer of statements of legal and natural persons to other legal and natural persons
- Certification of authenticity of transcripts of document and extracts thereof
- Acceptance of monetary amounts into depository account
- Drawing up or approval of documents regarding the correctness of data provided to the Register of Legal Entities
- Verification of the compliance of incorporation documents of a legal person with the statutory requirements
- Verification of bills of exchange
- Protesting of bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records in protested or unprotested bills of exchange and checks
- Making of executive records according to notarised transactions resulting in monetary obligations
- Making of executive records on enforced debt recovery at the request of mortgage (pledge) creditor
- Acceptance of wills treated as official wills and of private wills for storage
- Certification of a fact that a natural person is alive and in a particular place
- Approval of a time of document submission
- Attestation of written testimony of a witness
- Acceptance of sea protests
- Attestation of preliminary instructions
- Attestation of agreements on assistance in making decisions
- Other notarial acts provided for in the laws
Attestation of agreements on assistance in making decisions
Capable adult natural person may conclude an agreement in writing with another capable adult natural person, whom he/she trust, on assistance in making decisions in certain areas of life. The agreement on assistance in making decisions may be concluded when a person, due to mental or behaviour disorder or any other circumstances (age, disease, etc.), finds it difficult to make decisions, which would serve his/her interests best. Natural person who is incapacitated in a certain area or has limited capacity in a certain area can conclude the agreement on assistance in making decisions in areas in which he/she is capable.
Agreements on assistance in making decisions must be prepared in a notarial form and can be found in the Register of Legally Incapable Persons and Persons with Limited Legal Capacity. The agreement on assistance in making decisions can be used against third parties and have legal consequences only if it is registered in the Register of Legally Incapable Persons and Persons with Limited Legal Capacity.
A person providing assistance must avoid the conflict of interests between him/her and assisted person. The activity of persons providing assistance is supervised and controlled by guardianship and care institutions.
The decisions of a person who concluded an agreement on assistance in making decisions are personal decisions. Liability for the decisions of a person who concluded an agreement on assistance in making decisions and actions taken on the basis of such decisions lies with the person who made the decisions.
Any party to the agreement on assistance in making decisions may refer to the notary and submit a statement on termination of the agreement. Upon certification of a statement on termination of an agreement on assistance in making decisions, the notary shall provide to the Register of Legally Incapable Persons and Persons with Limited Legal Capacity data necessary for registration of a fact of termination of this agreement.