The notaries of the Klaipeda First Notary’s Office perform the following notarial acts:
- Authentication/certification of transactions
- Issuance of certificates of the Right of Inheritance;
- Issuance of certificates of the Property Right to a part of spouses’ common property;
- Attestation of the authenticity of copies of documents and their extracts;
- Attestation of the authenticity of signatures in documents;
- Attestation of the authenticity of translation of documents from one language into another;
- Certification of the fact that a natural person is alive and exists at a particular place;
- Acceptance for keeping and preservation under their custody of wills and personal wills having the status of formal wills;
- Certification of the time of presentation of documents;
- Handing over of declarations/applications of legal/ natural persons to other legal/ natural persons;
- Acceptance of sums of money into the deposit account;
- Acceptance of sea protests;
- Protesting of bills and cheques;
- Making of executive records in protested and not subject to protests bills and cheques;
- Drawing or certification of instruments over authenticity of the information supplied to the Legal Persons Registry, and certification that the legal person is entitled to registration inasmuch as obligations provided by law or by the foundation documents have been fulfilled and circumstances provided by law or by the foundation documents have come into existence
- Certification of compliance of instruments of the foundation of legal persons with legal requirements;
- Other notarial acts as provided by law.
Making of executive records in protested and not subject to protests bills and cheques;
The Notary shall draw an executive record on the basis of the application of the holder of the bill of exchange / cheque or his/her authorized representative or of a person entitled to retroactive demand to recover money from the debtor.
An executive record is the Notary’s proposal to recover from the promissor the sum of the bill of exchange/cheque unpaid with due limits or a part of the unpaid sum of the bill of exchange/cheque with due interest, the fee paid by the bill of exchange/cheque holder for the bill of exchange/cheque protesting and drawing the executive record, also, for serving notice.