The notaries of the Klaipeda First Notary’s Office perform the following notarial acts:
- Authentication/certification of transactions
- Issuance of certificates of the Right of Inheritance;
- Issuance of certificates of the Property Right to a part of spouses’ common property;
- Attestation of the authenticity of copies of documents and their extracts;
- Attestation of the authenticity of signatures in documents;
- Attestation of the authenticity of translation of documents from one language into another;
- Certification of the fact that a natural person is alive and exists at a particular place;
- Acceptance for keeping and preservation under their custody of wills and personal wills having the status of formal wills;
- Certification of the time of presentation of documents;
- Handing over of declarations/applications of legal/ natural persons to other legal/ natural persons;
- Acceptance of sums of money into the deposit account;
- Acceptance of sea protests;
- Protesting of bills and cheques;
- Making of executive records in protested and not subject to protests bills and cheques;
- Drawing or certification of instruments over authenticity of the information supplied to the Legal Persons Registry, and certification that the legal person is entitled to registration inasmuch as obligations provided by law or by the foundation documents have been fulfilled and circumstances provided by law or by the foundation documents have come into existence
- Certification of compliance of instruments of the foundation of legal persons with legal requirements;
- Other notarial acts as provided by law.
Issuance of certificates of the Right of Inheritance;
The Certificate of the Right of Inheritance is an instrument proving the fact of inheritance acceptance and the right to such inheritance.
The Certificate of the Right of Inheritance shall be issued when heirs/legatees being called to inherit either by law or by will apply to the Notary at the place the will originated and lodge an application stating that they accept the inheritance/legacy and wish to obtain the Certificate of the Right of Inheritance.
Heirs / legatees shall carry out the foregoing actions within three months as from the day inheritance/legacy occurred. A single original copy of The Certificate of the Right of Inheritance shall be issued to all the heirs/legatees or each of them shall be issued separate original copies, subject to their wish.
Clients of Klaipeda City First Notary Bureau processing inheritance cases do not have to go to migration offices in order to obtain the statement regarding the latest place of residence of the deceased person anymore. These statements are ordered and received my e-mail by a notary.
After acquisition of the real estate notaries of Klaipeda 1st Notary Office electronically register right of ownership in the State Enterprise “Centre of Registers” at customers’ request. Thus, there is no need for customers to go to SE “Centre of Registers”.