The notaries of the Klaipeda First Notary’s Office perform the following notarial acts:
- Authentication/certification of transactions
- Issuance of certificates of the Right of Inheritance;
- Issuance of certificates of the Property Right to a part of spouses’ common property;
- Attestation of the authenticity of copies of documents and their extracts;
- Attestation of the authenticity of signatures in documents;
- Attestation of the authenticity of translation of documents from one language into another;
- Certification of the fact that a natural person is alive and exists at a particular place;
- Acceptance for keeping and preservation under their custody of wills and personal wills having the status of formal wills;
- Certification of the time of presentation of documents;
- Handing over of declarations/applications of legal/ natural persons to other legal/ natural persons;
- Acceptance of sums of money into the deposit account;
- Acceptance of sea protests;
- Protesting of bills and cheques;
- Making of executive records in protested and not subject to protests bills and cheques;
- Drawing or certification of instruments over authenticity of the information supplied to the Legal Persons Registry, and certification that the legal person is entitled to registration inasmuch as obligations provided by law or by the foundation documents have been fulfilled and circumstances provided by law or by the foundation documents have come into existence
- Certification of compliance of instruments of the foundation of legal persons with legal requirements;
- Other notarial acts as provided by law.
Authentication/certification of transactions
Transactions are defined as actions of persons that are intended to create, modify or abolish civil rights and duties, for example, wills, sale – purchase contracts, mortgages.
By certifying a transaction, the Notary shall ensure that the transaction is made by free will of the parties, the specified actual circumstances are true, also, that the transaction is not in conflict with the rights and legal interests of the parties, requirements as per prescribed laws and other legal acts.
The Notary shall verify legal capacity of natural persons and verify capability of legal entities involved in transactions and explain the purport and consequences of the transaction made to the parties.
The Notary shall certify a transaction only after submission of required documentation set by law and fulfillment of required obligations. The Notary shall certify transactions by affixing his/her note and his/her seal and his signature.
The workers of the notary office deliver deliver establishment documents and other documents necessary for registration, which are concluded in our office, to Klaipeda department of the Juridical Persons’ Registry. This way the clients are freed from an obligation to deliver the documents signed in the office to Klaipeda department of the Juridical Persons’ Registry by themselves. This service is free of charge and helps the clients to gain in time.
After acquisition of the real estate notaries of Klaipeda 1st Notary Office electronically register right of ownership in the State Enterprise “Centre of Registers” at customers’ request. Thus, there is no need for customers to go to SE “Centre of Registers”.